Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Lip gloss mania

When I read Harrods Girl's post on Shiseido's latest lip gloss from Maquillage range , all I could thought about my long abandoned blog. There were many many topics that I wanted to write about, products I want to review, but lack of time management got the better of me.

Well, here I shall review on the latest lip gloss available in stores recently. Like Harrods Girl , I don't fancy lipstick, only lip balms or glosses. Lipsticks that I buy all ended up in my drawer, growing moth (I think) or charity to my sis/mom/friends. Whenever I have lipstick on, I can't wiggle any of my lip muscle, feeling very conscious of that layer on my lips and I have a compelling urge to eat it.

Glosses have come a long way since 1932 (can you believe it?
Source), their shape evolved from those tube that you apply with your fingers to a more sophisticated, clean, user-friendly tube/brush/applicator type.

Three glosses that caught my eyes are Revlon, Maybelline and Shiseido.

1. Revlon LipGlide comes in 24 shiny shades and and boast vitamins C & E and jojoba oil in this tube. The wide range of colors is indeed tempting, but the drawback for me, is the packaging. This gloss have nothing left to be desired, because you cannot see the color of the gloss, except when you try it. The felt tip, is not a plus point either. Sometimes the lifetime of the gloss actually outlast the felt and that doesn't work well when applying. Lastly, the plastic casing is a wee bit too teeny for my liking. Although the pen-like shape is very convenient, but isn't all the gloss in the market are easily slipped into your make-up case or even the tiniest clutch.

2. Every girl must have at least an item from Maybelline. I don't know about you - but the "Maybe she's born with it. Maybe it's Maybelline" sure worked its charms on me. Their latest product modelled by Adrianna Lima (like all other products).
Her watery glittery lipstick makes you wanna run to the nearest store to buy this gloss. This silver cased lip gloss is enticing, with a little shade peeking through. Leave the rest for your imagination, and testing of course. Gloss can be applied by twisting the dial, and the tip of it is made of clear plastic (easy for cleansing, I am very anal on overflowing ... on the cover/...) It's ergonomic shape in silver screams chic, trendy. 20 shades categorised into different color group makes choosing a color easier, for yourself or a friend. Are you into pinks? Or mauve shades suits you best? Or my bestie like her lippie in a brown shade?
3. Lastly, the splurge item - Shiseido Neo Climax Lip. Shiseido wins hands down. Their model (Yuri Ebihara) is superbly beautiful and complete with smokey eyes and luscious lips.

sexy eyes

Of course, the lip gloss pen have all that I desire - compact, clean, transparent. Don't forget to pop over to Shiseido Maquillage - very user-friendly site complete with "How-to".
Check out a review of this lippie.

In the end, finding the lip gloss to perfect your smile takes some searching, trial and errors. All the best!

3 comments:

Monika said...

what a great blog!

pj said...

thanks!
will try to update more..
do drop by moer

Anonymous said...

That lip gloss is really the best lip gloss! I like it a lot!