Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Maybelline Unstopabble Mascara Review

This is the best maybelline mascara I’ve used so far.
I used a few others too– lash discovery, sky high curves, lash expansion
But they all smear at the end of the day, that is like after almost 7 hours, even waterproof ones. Yes! it does smear for my case. It’s either my eye area is too oily or … well, go figure.

This one has small fibers in it – for the lengthening effect. Something like mac mascara’s have in them.
Once your lashes are curled, it holds up yr lashes’ shape.
On the first day of use – I wore it for 15 hours. At the 12th hour, I did some touch up… not because it needed to but, I was pretty hiao … cz I liked loved the effect… how it opens up my peepers.

I would say a natural effect but not au natural, which means you can see each of your lashes invidually primed with coat of mascara. But not in an overly done effect.
I used dark blue – a bit too dark for my liking, can’t really see the blue but good for those who prefers a more classic look.
I have gotten dark brown too… bout I doubt the good results of it will differ.

This mascara
claims to be:

· A washable, lengthening mascara that wears like a waterproof - it does really lengthen
· zero-budge and zero-smudge for 12 hours! (under normal conditions) - it goes up to 15 hours for me! Yippie…
· lengthens lashes up to 50% - yes, lengthens. But 50%? Maybe I should put more
· comes off easily – no more panda eyes! - comes off fabulously!

For cleaning it out… there isn’t lots of color residue on the cotton pad… comes off easily with oil based eye make-up remover. I tried using non-oil based eye make-up remover; it does come off but may take some more effort. And best is, it doesn’t stain your eye area with color that you are washing off.

Rating: 8/10

No comments: